View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 08:52 AM   #8
dave_r

Yeah, the alarm module under the seat got flooded, I took it all apart, soaked/scrubbed it in first aid alcohol and it was fine except for intermittent battery drain issue, so really not fine, but the car ran normally.

I was disconnecting the battery at night because of this annoying issue (trying to save $1,000 to have the alarm module gone through by ECU Doctors) and then the car starting do the limp mode thing one day.

I put in a good used throttle body, new spark plugs, new spark plug tube seals, good used coil packs (I try to be thrifty with this car, it makes it more fun), still the same issue.

I am now thinking it's the gas pedal potentiometer, but I should probably send the alarm unit to the ECU Doctors. I am also having a shop look into the issue. The alarm module under the seat on the floor in a convertible is a massive design flaw in my opinion, they should have put it somewhere else or at least a drain the floor, I added a drain.

This forum gave me a great tip on getting the spark plug tubes out, that was great, transom plug with some sand paper, grabbed the plug with pliers on the stuck ones.

dave_r is offline   Reply With Quote