View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 05:15 PM   #3
jeffsquire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
The last time I had bad experience similar to yours I emailed every single one of his bidders that the seller was a crook (back then you could also cc the seller) for about a month (I'm tennacious!). Even the though the seller was from AUSTRALIA I got a refund in full. If I didn't care about my account I would have also made every instant purchase available so that he would get a bill from Ebay for their commision of seller's fees. So many ways you can screw with sellers on Ebay...

Ebay are indeed useless they are nothing more tha a virtual newspaper classified that the world has a subscription to. ZERO accountability for all the fencing of stolen goods, shoddy goods and non-existent goods. They may be the only company in the Nasdaq 100 who are allowed to exist without having a simple 1 800 number that you can call, unless you are a powerseller of course. How in the world did Ebay get away with continuing to enjoy this exception? I could understand making this exemption before it became a company with a bazillion dollars but enough is enough already.

Many people in law enforcement have been making this complaint for YEARS. Every state has laws regulating pawn shops because of the abuse of stolen goods to fences. Ebay is the world's unregulated fence. Completely legal.
Absolutely no accountability. Only plausible deniability.
jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote