View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 02:48 PM   #27
St. Louis Boxster

Send a message via AIM to St. Louis Boxster
The final word

Dropped the Box off Monday... no calls from the dealer all week,finally I called them today since it's suppossed to be a great weekend here for top down action. Some air bag part that causes the warining light to come on had to be ordered, however, the RMS leak is once again repaired, the second time in 2 years. I asked the service guy about tolerances and alignment issues, since the last RMS repair was only one year ago (o4 with 12K miles) he said to get used to it, an annual RMS leak is not out of the ordinary or unusual for this car.. It's still under warranty so it's a free repair but in another year or so, after two more free RMS repairs, it'll start costing me $850 a year. This guy said this so matter of factly it was unreal.

Nice german engineering, it's impressive. I felt like walking around the new car showroom talking up the whole RMS issue with the folks getting ready to drop $50K on a german-engineered sports car.

Don't we have some Porsche new car dealers on this site? What do they tell their Boxter customers?