View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 10:56 AM   #2
bmussatti

Moto, there is some great advice on this Forum regarding your question. A few skilled "searches" and you will find a ton of stuff, especially from Perfectlap.

Here are a few tips:

Washing- lots of water! Wet the car first. Don't use a sprayer nozzle; just let the water "sheet" on the car. Use a high quality soap (I use Zaino Z7) and water. Make the wash water frothy & sudsy. Wash with a high quality wash mitt or cloth. Try www.autopia.org for some high quality washing cloths and drying cloths. Wash when the car is cool, and out of direct sunlight. Wash in the direction that the wind passes over the car. No circular motions. Wash a section and rinse. Don't use the same water on your wheels as you do on the car. Use fresh. You can get real "anal" and do the 2 bucket wash too. If the car is real dirty, change your soapy water in-between. You can wash the hood and trunk first. Then do the sides. Wash the dirtiest part last, or change the wash water. I do wash my wheel first, because it takes so long, and I don't want water sitting (spotting) on the car.

The Rag Top- use Ragg Topp, and then just rinse on occasion with a stream of water.

Windows- I use 100% White Terry Cloth Towels. These rags are only for windows. I use a solution of denatured alcohol and distilled water. 1 part alcohol to 2 parts water. Shaken, not stirred!! I use 2 towels. One is sprayed with the cleaning solution, the other is used for drying and buffing the glass. Work in the shade when the glass is cool.

Center Console- just wipe with a damp cloth.

Last edited by bmussatti; 09-29-2006 at 11:09 AM.