Thread: Leatherique
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 07:38 AM   #12
Perfectlap

. For 80's cars like the Porsche 928 Leatherique is king. But for your 987 If you have 1Z you will never miss leatherique for cleaning. Follow up the 1Z with the Porsche conditioner and it will be as good as it gets. I should buy half dozen of those 1Z bottles before some eco law forces to re formulate it like the other German car care products. This is really hurting Klasse right now. I was a big fan of their VLRP (vinyl, leather, rubber and plastic) dressing which made anything look new but the reformulation made it no different than over the counter armor all and the reformulation of Klasse's mainstay ALL in One Paint Polish has not gone over well, many have switched to Zaino, Werkstatt(me), Menzerma, Optimum, etc.

anyhoo...I think these days I clean the leather every couple of months and condition once a month. A little less cleaning during top up months when the leather isn't getting dirty as often. But its still important to condition during the really cold months. I'll pull over and park after a short drive while the interior is room temp and treat the leather with conditioner. Run an errand and when I return after 30 minutes or whatever I'll buff it out. Red leather is very very easy to keep clean (not like black!). Cold temps dry out leather which leads to the tell tale cracking from not enough conditioning. A needless expense and repair.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote