Thread: Leatherique
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 06:18 AM   #9
Perfectlap

The Prestine Clean I use with a foam applicator to spread (absorbs the least amount of product) and I let it soak in for 30 minutes while I clean the rest of the car. Using a regular terry cloth towel I buff it out. Very soft finish.

I have used the Rejuvenator many times on coated leather for experimentation. This product is meant to seep into the backside of the leather and after a day or night of soaking-in, the product pushes out the dirt to the surface. Buff with a terry cloth to lift all dirt off the surface.
The thing is that Rejuvantor won't penetrate into the backside of the leather if it has a silicon barrier (like nearly all cars made in the last 10 years) so its like brushing your teeth car wash soap. Not really the right product for the job.

by the way I purchased a sample pack of the Porsche Tequipment Car Care kit for $5 and the wheel cleaner and Leather conditioner were excellent. Just as good as P21S for wheels and 1Z leather for the seats. The Leather conditioner I might consider buying in the future when my Prestine Clean runs out. I haven't tried the vinyl treatment or paint polish but I'm sure they do a good job.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote