View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 08:10 AM   #4877
Brian in Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsguy View Post
I tried to change the AOS. The mounting bolts must be original, because they are far tighter than a 6mm should be. I got the lower loose, but the top one is shrouded such that, one-handed, I can't keep good pressure on it with a ratchet and it slips off. I even tried applying pressure with a long screwdriver through the wheel well with no luck.
Mine were like that, star drive, even. I got the bottom one out, but couldn't get the top one. Finally ended up putting the handle for my cycle lift inboard of the AOS and against the transmission and just pried it. It's only plastic, you're gonna replace it anyhow, so break it. I didn't bother with messing with the bellows clamp, either. Just yank it out. They sell a replacement bellows clamp with a blue thing that holds the clamp open--this little handle is worth the price of the clamp (it's reuseable.) I don't worry about next time, I'll repeat the breaking and yanking. Makes it easy. btw, I used a slight grease film on the inside of the bellows, it slipped right on the crankcase port, easy peasy.

Last edited by Brian in Tucson; 04-08-2019 at 08:14 AM.
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote