View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 04:44 PM   #1
Brad604

Garage
Got 1 key FOB working, 1 still dead

2000 Boxster S. When I got the car a few months ago central locks were not working and I had no keyless entry and no keyless truck operation. I eventually fixed my central locking system (turns out previous owner crushed and shorted out a wire in the door panel after changing the window regulator and the car always thought the door was open). But FOBs still didn't work. Next I re-soldered both FOBs which got the red FOB LEDs working, but still FOB was not functioning. Putting keys in door lock to "wake" the system back up did nothing also. Next I did the Key in ignition and start car and remove key and press a butting within 6 seconds. And WOOHOO 1 worked after that, however the other one still doesn't.

Is there anything else I can try with my other FOB? I've looked over all solder joints pretty carefully and the LED does flash on it nicely, but it don't work. I read that doing the ignition trick works for a FOB that has had its button pressed between 256 times and 1024 times without getting a response from the car. What if it has been pressed more than 1024 times? Does it become dead never to function again? Should I give up and be happy with one FOB or is there anything else I can try?

Thanks.
Brad604 is offline   Reply With Quote