View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 05:58 AM   #5
elgyqc

Garage
The outside temperature is finally to the point where I can open the garage door and start to let the garage and car warm up... and do some work without freezing my fingers off!
The borescope didn't reveal any anomalies so I installed the new spark plugs and and tubes. Getting the tubes in with ambient temperatures of around freezing was a challenge till I tried heating them with hot water, they then slid in without difficulty.
I was overly optimistic when I said there were no cracks in the coils, there were no BIG cracks in the coils. Closer examination revealed that all six had mini-cracks. Since they seem to work perfectly I resealed them using JB Weld on 2 and grey high temperature gasket material on the 4 others, then sprayed them with ignition sealant. Hopefully this will work and I will have saved close to C$500.
The plan today is to install a support for the rear of the engine and then to get to work on removing the transmission to inspect the clutch and IMSB. Yesterday I sprayed penetrating oil on all the nuts and bolts that I will have to access but I am really not looking forward to removing the exhaust...
1987 924S 5-speed (Sold) - Blue 2000 Boxster 5 spd (Sold)

Last edited by elgyqc; 11-13-2021 at 04:00 AM. Reason: spelling
elgyqc is offline   Reply With Quote