View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 09:59 AM   #4
Jgkram

I too wish you luck on your search. These are definitely fun cars and worth some effort to try and find one. For me, I focused on mileage of no more than 50k, S or Base didn't matter but the overriding factor above all was condition. Keep in mind this was several years ago. Finally found one at 46k, PPI indicated it was in great mechanical condition and the interior was a 10/10. Has been one of the most reliable cars I have owned and is my daily driver.

I paid $8k for it and I considered then, and still do, it to be a throw away car. The concern I would have for you now is like others have stated, the cars are really starting to get old. Even if you find lower mileage the parts are just worn out from time and age. Porsche parts are expensive and the labor, unless done yourself, is outrageous.

If you are looking for a project and have the bucks, I wouldn't let a slightly higher mileage car scare me off. Just spend the extra effort in having it thoroughly checked out probably beyond what a normal PPI might look for (compression, cam deviations, etc.) Good luck!
Jgkram is offline   Reply With Quote