View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 05:46 AM   #11
PaulE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh986 View Post
Black sharpie that NJ EZ-PASS
Is that really a thing? The velcro things will still be whitish though, unless I took them off and put new ones on. I see you're in Red Bank. My first 6 years I lived in a house in Lincroft that my parents had built in a development a million years ago! Too bad we had to move, I loved that house and area. Years later I drove back down to Colts Neck to purchase a Detroit Locker positraction differential for an Austin Healey 3000. I put it in my Healey for a while, but took it out as it became very squirrely. Driving straight on the highway, step on the gas or take your foot off the gas and the back end would squirm around before it settled down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof3 View Post
Glad to see you didn’t scrap it! Awesome!
It was too nice to scrap or sell as a roller. I needed/wanted a new daily driver and didn't want to spend more on a newer Porsche, or go down to a single car for all my driving. And I want to continue participating in a few HPDE's each year, and I think this is the perfect car for me to learn how to drive on the track. I would feel more uncomfortable on the track in a newer, more valuable car and would have to buy track insurance.
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote