View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 07:06 PM   #1
PorscheFan5

Switched +12V in rear trunk of 2004 Porsche Boxster

Hi All,

I did some search on the forum but could not come up with a good location.

Am looking for Switched 12V (switched on with the ignition key) locations to tap into in the rear trunk of my 2004 Boxster Base. Something I can use for powering the main contractor assembly for my conversion. Reasonable current capacity will be ok.

I don't have the service manual so if you are pointing me to a pin on a connector, I would appreciate the help in finding that exact connector. A pic would be ideal...

I had found the following by 'jsceash'...

"X59 Plug pin location 4 White plug next to ECU (left of ECU) Red wire blue stripe fairly heavy wire come from ignition relay and turns off about 30 seconds after ignition is off."

However don't know which is the X59 connector and how to identify pin 4. I could easily put a meter to couple of the leads but the fact that the Switched 12V remains active for a few minutes after key is turned off makes things a bit difficult. Hence my request to post a pic with some brief info.

Appreciate the help in advance!

P.S. Had posted this in the General Discussions section and then thought the question may not be appropriate to that section so am posting it here too...:-)