View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 06:50 AM   #13
PaulE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYRX View Post
Thanks for the advice. I was told the IMS solution, and rear seal was performed in October 2018. I am just not sure what else was done at the same time. I think I will go for the LN spin on filter kit.
If you have the IMS Solution installed, i.e., the IMSB upgrade that has an oil pressure lubricated journal bearing, you already have a spin on filter adapter installed. You can easily tell that as you will see a section of braided flex hose coming out above the oil filter and entering a notch cut out in the engine case flange near the central seam of the two case halves. That is the oil going to lubricate the IMS Solution. I believe, but am not certain, that this spin on filter adapter is different than the spin on adapter LN sells for engines without the solution installed.

If you don't see this braided flexible line, then you have a LN ceramic bearing IMS Retrofit, if you have something LN installed in your IMSB. There may be a LN Engineering sticker on the underside of your rear trunk lid or door jamb with a serial number. If you find that sticker, you can see if your car has been registered at LNEngineering.com or contact LN with that number and they can tell you what you have.

Last edited by PaulE; 02-25-2019 at 06:51 AM. Reason: spelling and grammer
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote