Thread: Chuckwalla
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 06:14 PM   #4
AZ986S

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
Dood! Looks awesome!
You've got a nice line through that whole place. I don't know the track at all, but I feel like I could get around there okay, after watching your lines.
Tell me about the two round-dial gauges on the center dash?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Hey thanks.
Chuckwalla is probably my favorite track. I've done it quite a few times now, so I feel I am getting better. There is still tons I could do to improve though...

The center gauge cluster is something that I custom built 2 years ago. It is installed where the cup holder unit was. The left gauge is the Oil Temp, the right gauge is the Oil Pressure. For temp, I use a VDO sender installed in the left rear valve cover plug location and a VDO gauge. For the pressure, I installed a Tee where the OEM oil pressure switch is located (right front valve cover) so the existing pressure switch still works, and I taped in with a VDO oil pressure sender. I also use a VDO gauge for that. I also installed a Fan switch and 2 switches related to my Accusump setup (ON/OFF and Bypass Mode ON). I have schematics for all this as well as wiring diagrams, Part Numbers if you're interested.

And I'd love to drive up to Utah this summer for PCA HPDE. Do they run during the summer?
2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles

Last edited by AZ986S; 02-24-2019 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Edit:
AZ986S is offline   Reply With Quote