View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 07:04 PM   #8
BoxMann

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterNC828 View Post
BoxMann,

Thank you for your reply and interest.

I would be open to some discussion about price but to be honest I have done a decent amount of research on this car and feel that my price is realistic.

This isn’t the run of the mill Boxster as I’m sure you are well aware and with the low mileage and great shape I feel like I have something that isnt easy to find.

I am not highly motivated to just move the car. My wife and I love this car and will hate to see her go, but if we can’t get near our asking price then it won’t break our hearts to keep it either. Busy life has it sitting in the garage more then I like and we honestly just don’t drive it enough. Our plan is to sell it and when life slows down a little bit hopefully in a few years, buy another.

Ok, so probably more info then anyone needed. My point is, I’m willing to discuss the price but honestly don’t see high teens happening. It does need new tires so I would probably come off the price some for that.

Happy continue the discussion here or privately. Let me know.

I was going to ask you for more details about maintenance and condition. You've described in great detail the advantages of buying a post-2002 Boxster, and you've described in great detail all the goodies that the Spyder includes, but all you've said about your car is that you replaced the clutch and IMSB. With the car needing tires, which will cost $1,000+, you are essentially asking $23,500 for the car. And that's before anything that a PPI may come up with.

Let me ask you more about the car. What about:

1- Brakes/Rotors condition and age? mm's on the pads? Scores/grooves/wear on the rotors?

2 - Frequency of oil changes? Documented?

3 - Full 40k service done?

4 - brake fluid changes?

5 - water pump, serp belt?

6 - spark plugs?

Any other maintenance / repairs / replacements / pre-emptive maintenance?

How long have you owned the car for? What service records do you have?

I know it's a bunch of questions, but this is a first step before I decide if I want to go further.

Thank you.

Last edited by BoxMann; 02-23-2019 at 07:11 PM.
BoxMann is offline   Reply With Quote