Thread: Radio question
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 09:28 AM   #4
gsy4771

I have done some more research and came up with the following. I think I have one of the following options. I'm also not looking for audiophile sound, just want ApplePlay and better BlueTooth. The lighter/radio transponder isn't working, well not for my wife so you know how that goes.

** My car has door subs and front amp, I haven't verified MOST bus but seems likely

1. I can replace the hu, get the adapter and use factory amp. Appears the adapters are only power the dash speaker

2. Replace the hu and amp, figure out how to create an adapter to go from the amp to the factory harness. I would also put in new door speakers, full range. I think I have stumbled across those diagrams but not sure here to get the 'connector' to make the adapter.

3. Same as #2 but run new speaker wire, I really do not want to do this. Especially to the door speakers.

Does those options appear correct? I'm leaning toward #2 but not sure how to create the adapter. I called Crutchfield and they said they only have adapters from hu and wouldn't create one for the amp so I will be on my own.
gsy4771 is offline   Reply With Quote