View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 07:33 PM   #10
Qckslvr

I agree with what others have stated.

When I bought my Boxster the owner gave me very thorough service records. Which stated that the car had a service about 2,000 miles before I bought it. And my car has 113,000 miles on it.

Granted I work for a dealership, and they give me access to the shop if I ask politely. So I tossed the car up on a rack, changed both engine, and transaxle fluids. Serviced ALL the filters, and changed out the spark plugs. This shed some light to me on the car's history.... Like the air filter was dirty, this told me that the shop performing the oil change was not thorough. And the cabin air filter was 100% plugged and moldy, it might have been the factory CA filter LOL. This just told me that the car had lack luster service. Then of course the cap on it was the previous owner did a clutch and IMS bearing, but ignored the ripped CV boots. Again poor maintenance on the car.

I do a complete service of all fluids when I buy a used car. One it resets the service car light in my brain. And two..... you can learn a lot from your car, and the love or lack of it got from it's previous owner.
Qckslvr is offline   Reply With Quote