View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 05:13 PM   #15
Boxstard

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHeinzky View Post
Thanks all for the considerations.

I know I would miss the Boxster no matter what but do think it would be nice to have one car and not rotate between two. I've also toyed with the idea of giving the kid the Grand Cherokee and taking the Boxster as my daily and then I could still have access to the Jeep when I need the space but I'd rather have my own car.

Regardless, I'm keeping the Jeep and Boxster at least through the summer. I just wanted to see if anyone else grappled with this and if so, how they settled it.

I will say that the Jeep, being as old as it is, is still a beast in the snow, is in darn good condition for an 08, and is easy to throw dirt in the back if I have to. I don't think I'd be willing to do that in a Macan.
When my daughter got the driver's license last year, I gave her then my daily SAAB and my Boxster stepped up as my daily car, through Michigan winter on dedicated snow tires and hardtop, very reliable and tons of fun, every day!

I'd give the Jeep to your son and DD your boxster, and start having more fun with no additional payment.
1997 Boxster arctic silver/ red, XNE riveted mahogany/ leather steering wheel & 917-style wood shift knob, Ben’s short shifter, PSE, 996 TB, UDP, stereo/ center console delete, hardtop and speedster humps, daily driver rain or shine or snow!
Boxstard is offline   Reply With Quote