View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 10:46 AM   #6
eee

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulofto View Post
Just a thought as far as towing goes get yourself an AAA membership for about a hundred bucks and then have them tow it. The membership has got to be less then the cost of the tow and the membership is worth having.
Yeah, I quickly realized that getting AAA is going to be a good investment, got it shortly after posting last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
Unless there are more symptoms with CPS, I thought the main symptoms were:

You start and drive fine. When you shut off and try to restart hot or warm, it spins but doesn't start. Once cooled off, it starts fine.

Hadn't heard of it stopping while driving, but CPS is not my area of expertise. I had a 911 cab that exhibited the scenario I just mentioned, changed the CPS, and it was fine.

In situations like yours, go back to the basics - gas, air, spark. Do you smell gas when you turn the engine over?

Does the gas gauge work? Do you have gas in the tank?
Definitely have gas in the tank, though it does go through gas very quickly. I think around half a tank in 100-120 miles or so. Could just be my driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoninDel View Post
Agree. Get some spray start (Diethyl ether) and spray in air intake - if you don't get at least a "cough" out of the engine, chances are you have no spark. That stuff pretty well ignites if you snap your fingers.
I'll give the spray start a shot before getting a tow, thank you for the idea.
eee is offline   Reply With Quote