View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 08:23 PM   #1
eee

'97 Boxster no start

Hello,

I recently purchased a '97 Boxster for dirt cheap. The car is a blast and I've been enjoying it on these NorCal roads (recently moved). The car has ~128k miles. Not a perfect example, but I can't complain considering the price I paid.

This morning on the way to work I stalled pulling away from a red light and the car died. I managed to get it out of traffic and tried restarting without luck. I parked it at the parking lot at work and tried restarting later when the car cooled down, but still no luck.

Summary:
  • Starter cranks the engine and makes noise, but no start
  • Tach needle gets off the peg, but doesn't "bounce"
  • Push starting doesn't work, but it could also be me not engaging the clutch properly during the push start
  • Jump starting the car doesn't work, starter works at full intensity at all times so battery seems fine
  • Jumping the fuel pump relay with a paperclip doesn't change anything, same symptoms as before
From reading around the forum it seems like it could be the crankshaft position sensor or maybe fuel pump, but I'd appreciate if someone could give me some insight before I spend money.

I'd also appreciate it if anyone could recommend a good towing company in the Cupertino area. I've got to tow the car 1.5 miles from work back to my place.

Last edited by eee; 02-01-2019 at 08:28 PM.
eee is offline   Reply With Quote