View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 04:18 PM   #7
MotoFanatic

Again, thanks for the advice.

Yeah, I agree to a certain extent that if I'm going to spend that kind of money, I should get what I like. Unfortunately, I'm more of the bang for the buck kind of guy and if the price difference between the Boxster and Cayman is too great, I can't see myself justifying the Cayman. (I really like the lines of the Cayman but the Boxster isn't bad either)

We'll see, I got link to dealer inventories and will be making some calls tomorrow to see how much they'd be willing to deal.

Thanks all!! Great forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z12358
"Oh, and let me just say, if the Cayman S was within my price range...wow, there would be no hesitation. That is one nice car."

If you're going to spend $50k+ then get the car that you really want. Considering the discounts you can get on 06 Box S and Cayman S and depending on options, we're really talking the same price range here. That's a lot of money, either way so make sure you get what will really make you happy.

And yes, you should be able to get the $59k MSRP 06 Box S for around $51k right now. In December perhaps even for less than $50k.

Or you can just let the market tell you what the prices are. Study the inventories of the dealers in your area (or wider). Send them faxes or emails with a "request for quotes" for an 06 Box S with preferred options and color combos see what they respond with.

Finally, if you're not going to do more than 80% track driving (i.e. if you're going to do, say, 2-3 DE events per year, which I highly recommend) I'd say get the Box S and forget the Cayman. The 4k+ rpm growl with the top down is phenomenal. But I'm biased . I drive my Box S 90% of the time with the top down. It's a motorcycle on 4 wheels, really.

Z.
MotoFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote