View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 06:01 AM   #8
Javelin

The suspension refresh is complete. New OE equivalent control arms front and rear as well as new rear CV axles as well as Koni Sport adjustable dampeners. Watch the video here:

Alignment did not go exactly the way I wanted. With fresh suspension in place -0.3* of camber was all we could squeeze. We tried every trick in the book, but that's all she wrote for now. We will run a few thousand street miles and maybe 3 events before checking again in case the suspension settles in. (Note - ballast was at 155 pounds in the driver's seat to split the difference between me and my codriver.)****Everything else dialed in nicely. 7.9* of caster, -1/16" toe per side in the front. In the rear we got-2.15* of camber and set toe at exactly 0" for now. I am going to run the front sway bar (thinking of picking up a 996.1 GT3 bar) and 235's on the front (for minimal sidewall flex) and if it starts to plow dial the rotation back in with rear toe changes. (Remember, it's a dedicated autocross car!)

The other really important bit: weight. The car in complete street trim including service records and owner's manual in the car, the radar detector system, the spare/jack/tools, and a box of spares in the trunk scaled at 2953 pounds, or only 98 pounds higher than the lightest factory curb weight. Considering we already have the 18" wheel setup, that's great! 811 pounds on each rear wheel, LF was 695 and RF was 636 for a F/R bias of 54.93% to the rear. (Top up, 1/2 tank of fuel.)

Now that it's home I'll pull all of the extra junk out of the car (and weigh it), clean it up and check for phantom weight (dirt and rocks hiding!), and replace the fluids. On the tire front, thinking of a 235/285 staggered setup on the Bridgestone RE71R's. The goal is the first Bridge City Autosports event of the season, 2/24/19 at Portland International Raceway. Come run with us!

Last edited by Luccia at Pelican Parts; 02-18-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote