View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 06:12 AM   #16
Brian in Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2002s View Post
I initially just used a wire brush to prep. I just use rustoleum grey, might be high temp. Yes it can be a bit nicked re-tightening but still looks better. I just reapply if the wheels are off for a few days
I do think about going the stud route, but you still have to keep up appearances as I'm sure they would also show signs of rusting
Yeah, I like Rustoleum. Especially on items that I can bake a little bit in the oven. It does cure the paint a little. I have a rock tumbler with media that cleans fasteners up pretty nice.

I like those plastic covers. They are probably reasonably priced.

Going the stud route, one could choose any style and coating you want. Would be better than the fugly factory lug bolts Porsche put on our older Boxsters. I have a tool that screws into the wheel that helps guide the wheel back on and aligned so changing a tire isn't quite much an exercise in herding angry cats. Came with the car, I guess, it was in my factory tool roll. I've learned the hard way over the years to always progressively torque up to the factory setting.

I don't hardly take my wheels off, except to work on brakes & suspension. And I live in a very dry climate. Banged up, even after almost 20 years the factory lug nuts look just normally ugly.
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote