View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 12:13 PM   #16
P_Carfahrer
Pathological Tinkerer

Stock Oil Sump Temp Sensor Driven Gauge

I installed the oil temp gauge driver a bit before Christmas but didn’t take time to post about the install.

After connecting the signal wire T to the sump oil temp sensor and to pin C5 of the DME, I ran the wire through the trunk bulkhead to the passenger side of the engine compartment.

Wire is routed under the foam drain pieces and around the toolbar, under the side vertical carpet, wire tied with ‘sticky backs’, and down the console and out the passenger side.

The grounded wire is the ground for the gauge and driver.

Driver j-Box is taped with double sided tape to top of the airbag module. Switched power is tapped from the phone preparation power wire. The power in has a 1 amp fuse.
Power for the gauge light is tapped from the center console storage light wire.

The gauge power, ground, signal, and light power wire are run up to the tray, wire tied and connected to the gauge.

I will make any future builds with a much shorter harness as it currently is too long and I have too much wire tied up as you can see.

The gauge works great using the stock sump sensor and this driver.

I have modeled a two gauge plate to fix to the gutted cd tray that I will have water-jetted to final install the gauge as it is still just sitting in the opening.

I have extra components left to make three/four additional driver boxes. If anyone is interested one PM me. I would supply a complete box, harness, DME signal tap wire, ties, etc with all connectors and fuse.

Last edited by P_Carfahrer; 12-30-2018 at 12:20 PM.
P_Carfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote