View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 03:13 PM   #14
Cunningr

Quote:
Originally Posted by shacky View Post
I’d prefer to keep it single DIN. I see Crutchfield has speakers that fit doors but dash corner all say modified fit.

What’s the best option for dash corner?

Goood point on it being convertible. I don’t want to go too crazy. The factory head unit must need cleaning - volume and tuning mobs Skip like crazy. And I really want option of USB both for streaming and charging. It also takes a few tries to eject CD.

Knob issue likely could be fixed with some deoxit but not sure it’s worth keeping.
A good source is cai california has mounting adapters available, bit pricey though.

I agree with MWS maybe make a plan on where you want to end up. I was only planning a mid level set up went over board a bit but i sounds very good.

The deh 80 has a network mode so you can run seperate drivers.

The door speakers are 5.25 sub woofers and a factory amp only sends signal below 50 hz to the doors. Focal makes a 5.25 sub but lots of money. I bought an old pair of door speakers off ebay cut and hot glued mounts to hold 6.5” drivers. Dash mounts i used the rings from cai same for amp mounting.

Anyway a good up front plan you can address hu speakers and external amp then sub if you want to go that far in phases.