View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 11:46 AM   #8
BoxMann

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
y'all, just my opinion, but I think this is just a tad silly for a 15-20 year old car that will NEVER be a collectible. Nor will it EVER be worth more than it is right now.

Cars get hit. Cars get repaired. If it doesn't drive right, isn't properly aligned, squeaks or rattles more than it oughtta, or otherwise shows signs of improper repair, then steer clear.... or get a smokin' bargain on it. But if none of that is true, then don't worry about it.

And if you're worried about the resale on it, I wouldn't. There are far more buyers like me, who couldn't care less what the carfax says (as long as it doesn't show lies that have been covered-up), than there are buyers who want a "perfect" car for their money. Just be as honest as your own first-hand knowledge of the car and its history allows you to be when you sell.
Maytag, I think that's excellent advice. I'm ok with buying a car that's had a damage history, some guys would avoid it like the plague. But I wanna make sure that the damage was minor, professionally repaired, that there are no issues like the ones you mentioned, and that I don't overpay. Simple as that.
BoxMann is offline   Reply With Quote