View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 10:23 AM   #4
BoxMann

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
10 yrs is a while ago, but the important question is how many miles since the "incident"? And how many owners since the incident? That is more useful info.
It's 11 years, about 30k miles, and one additional owner (i.e., my Seller) since then.

Quote:
An 03 is 15 yrs old. Stuff happens to cars that are driven. Yes, there are pristine examples out there but there are also examples that have some nicks. Of course they're going to tell you it was minor. If an inspections shows replacement inner construction panels welded in, then it wasn't minor. At that point you should walk away since you don't know what other lies are lurking.
Undoubtedly, I would walk away if that happened. But if an inspection reveals nothing except a little bondo and repaint, no reason to walk away from an otherwise good car, IMHO. Like you said, 15 years, stuff happens. Only issue is how much the issue diminishes value.

FWIW, my Seller bought the car about 15 months ago, he did a PPI at a Porsche dealer, I saw the report and there was no mention of anything. Of course they might have missed it.

Quote:
And the final point - the money you save at purchase of a damage repaired car is the money you lose when you sell it.
Exactly why I'm focused on it. When it comes time for me to sell, my Buyer will be asking the same questions and thinking the same things that I am.

Last edited by BoxMann; 12-27-2018 at 10:25 AM.
BoxMann is offline   Reply With Quote