View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 05:09 AM   #5
Robert986

Garage
Thanks for reply, sorry for slow response.. Got stuck in the whole x-mas thing ;-)

I ended up ordering the GT3-arms from FVD, looks like IŽll get them tomorrow so then I know if they really are OEM brand or not.

Next stops on the slippery slope:
1) Since the main cornering force would be transferred to the frame via the inner part/bushing I would like to swap this to solid, (spherical bearing), to keep camber intact at heavy cornering. What options do we have? (IŽll report back when I have found something)
2) I see advices regarding swapping the thrust arm bushing to solid, I cannot really understand why that would be super important, but hey.. What parts can we find?
3) My car is a daily driver but I want to keep it very track focused anyway, what camber do I dare aim for. Now I have approx -0.9 and that is obviously far too little, so IŽm thinking 2-2.5 might be reasonable to try. Any thoughts?
4) Given the camber setting according to bullet 3 above, what camber might be reasonable on the rear? Would I reach it with oem specs or do I need adjustable LCA:s in the rear too?

Tires are Cup-2 but next summer the plan is Trofeo R.
IŽm having fantasies about Öhlins R&T but, weŽll get there later...

Last edited by Robert986; 12-27-2018 at 05:13 AM.
Robert986 is offline   Reply With Quote