Thread: GT3 LCA Build
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 02:03 PM   #13
jaykay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert986 View Post
Nice stuff, but what the heck do they mean by: " this no compromise design the center geometry can also be adjusted to correct for lower ride heights."

On McPherson, when ride hight is lowered beyond the point where the LCA are vertical you will get a positiv (not good) effect on camber, also the roll center will become higher.
How will those Tarrett control arms compensate for that, Idonīt see that it is possible.

Educate me..

I believe they are referring to roll centre. I have not reviewed the component or its adjustments but you would have to be able to change the position pivot (up or down) points to affect roll centre position.

No one ever talks about this adjustment but theoretically it will have a massive influence on a vehicles handling during cornering as it is essentially the roll axis of the vehicle. Its position relative to the CG is what is critical. You want to aim the arm such that the roll centre is closer to the CG. This will yield a reduced roll moment.

Edit: I just had a look and they do mention roll centre at the very end of the description; I cant quite see but I would think the pivot position adjustment would some how be incorporated at the outboard end with a spacer of some sort

Last edited by jaykay; 12-18-2018 at 02:12 PM.
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote