View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 10:55 AM   #7
CJ_Boxster

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Interesting, well i can say that cause i wasnt estimating those numbers i gave, I used my AC controls to tell me the coolent temps... So 103 is fine???? weird cause i remember in a previous convos on this forum you were telling me that my car running at 93 celcius was too high. Ill find that convo....Heres the quote from you in the past

"That said, 216°F is a little on the high side (not fatally, but high) for normal conditions. Make sure both your fans are working (turn on AC) and that both radiators are free of debris (a common problem). No two cars are exactly the same, so some variation is normal."

With that said, your beginning to give me one answer and then another in later days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

How can you say that? These are just estimates because the needle will be in-between the hash marks.

The minimum mix you want with your coolant is 50/50. Any lower, and you're reducing the lubricating and anti-corrosive qualities of the mix which will have consequences down the road. Your Boxster isn't any different than anyone else's, if you're running Hot, you need to identify and eliminate the cause, not try to compensate for it. Besides, there's nothing wrong with 103°C, at this temp, and at pressure, the coolant is still a liquid (below boiling point) and providing maximum cooling...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote