View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 07:35 AM   #15
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGem2k
I’m absolutely positive it sounds great.

I've been are great sounding music for while and I know what it should sound like. During the modeling of our home 5years ago or so we had a Mark Levinson system put in, covered every room including bathrooms and pool area. System ran off of separate amps in each room and can be controlled by individual section or all by the "main brain" in the living room. Anyone who’s had/heard one knows those systems sound damn near perfect and do not come cheap (ran us, at that time, about $145k).

At the same time, many of my friends are sound engineers for Warner Music Group, J Records…etc. Been in many studio recordings, and know what studio music sounds like

None the less, not to "diss" anyone on this forum but you should hear a Reus System before you judge it. And if it could all be done again I would have Reus do the house rather than a Mark Levinson.
Hi,

Misunderstanding here... I didn't say it didn't sound better at all, I'm sure it does. I guess I would be skeptical that it sounds $5k better, but that's of course subjective. But, when some people have talked about adding SONY, Pioneer and Kenwood systems and sounding just like being there, I think much of the effect may be placebic.

I am satisfied with the OEM system in my '99. It's not what I would call great, but it is adequate, especially after adding the OEM Rear Speakers. But, I am reluctant to leap into major $$ upgrades because I don't believe it can be greatly improved upon and still maintain a favorable cost/benefit ratio. Besides, I love just listening to the engine.

I have a high-end system in my Esprit and it sounds pretty good (though not as good as my Home System by a long shot), and even this system is ON maybe 10% of the time I'm driving the car at best. The Motor right behind your ear is my preferred music anyway. But if I were to put the same system in my Boxster, I'm sure it wouldn't sound 50% as good as it does now. Sorry if you think I was jabbin' at you...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote