View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 12:12 PM   #18
speedyspaghetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster View Post
Whoa - Hold on a minute...

You've already thrown a ton of $$ and parts / labor chasing this issue to no resolve. Reputable shops dissuade this behavior... the rest do not and keep going until your wallet says otherwise. If you've been directing them what to R&R that's one thing... If they've been leading the money parade I'd spend time learning to DIY or at the very least find a better shop.

Now, pull the wheel and inspect the caliper, pads and rotors to see if issue is there before ordering anything else. Otherwise you'll continue this expensive madness.

Post pics here if you need help.

Good luck
The shops I've gone to, besides the ones that suggest wheel balancing/alignment/new tires have all said "oh well, it's not that noticeable" and give me a list of things it could be without being definitive about anything. All of thats part I replaced I did myself, so definitely saved some labor costs, although my sanity may have been affected You're right though - I'll get the car up on jack stands soon and see if I can take a deeper look at the brake assembly. I bled the system recently, which I imagine would've helped with the caliper, but I guess if it is stuck, bleeding would not "unstick" it.
speedyspaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote