View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 09:56 AM   #1
steved0x

Brake fluid, time for a flush, what should I use

I had an oops last week, I was flushing the clutch and sucked in a big air bubble and it took all my on hand brake fluid to get it out:
  • .5 liter of Castrol SRF (recently opened, my current brake fluid)
  • 1 Liter of ATE Type 200 "Super gold" (new unopened container)
  • .5 liter of Motul 600 (new unopened container)

So now I have this combo of fluids in there, it did great at Sebring this weekend, but now I want to flush it all out and have a single fluid in there. Also 2-3 people at Sebring told me that Castrol SRF doesn't play well with other fluids.

The fluids I have used in the past are those same 3:
  • ATE Type 200 "Super Gold" - really liked it and ran with this for several years
  • Motul 600 - ran for maybe 18 months. Still getting soft pedal at the end of a 30 minute session at places like Sebring
  • Castrol SRF - heard this was the be all end all, not have to bleed after every track day, etc.. etc... It still got soft at the end of a long session at Sebring and still had to bleed every time

Since I am going with a clean flush, I thought this might be a chance to see what all is out there, what people are using and how they like it.

Tires are either Hankook R-S4 or a 100 TW r-comp like the Maxxis RC-1 and brakes are GLOC R-10 front R-8 back.

TBH I am thinking of going back to the ATE Type 200 "Super gold", the only thing is I don't have any and shipping is too much, and the Amazon Prime price is too high... Usually I buy it at the track from Linda at Apex...

The SRF didn't seem to be any better than the Motul 600, I talked with a husband/wife team at Sebring that track a modified 997 and a 987.1 Cayman, they run a shop somewhere and the Motul 600 is what they run.

Thoughts? What are you running and how do you like it?
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote