View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 01:28 AM   #19
Tommy2
Yeah, Japan is weird about that kind of stuff and especially Porsche! But there are of course enthusiasts here and they are maniacal (in a good way).

I'm geting Motul Gear 300, Wakos RD, Castrol Syntrans, and RP as mentioned before. Gotta be a GL4 compatible fluid in the bunch.

It's cold, dark, and of course I had to spend some time checking around tonight. I know this is a repeat but for sure cables are nice and free, linkage as well and I have the cables somewhat adjusted OK. I also have NOW access to my 1997 Boxster! When I bought it it had a new clutch, cables, linkage and shifter (swap??). I got under the car and the fore and aft of the linkage is sooo much easier to operate. That leads me to believe it's internal to the gearbox in combination at least with the shifter. Mind you every gear is tight.

So I'll start looking for oil and a replacement shift lever assembly (and auction off the offending short shifter). Has anyone here had an issue with tight shifting improve with the oil change?
Tommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote