View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 03:17 PM   #52
mwestboxster

I'm apologizing in advance if the answer to my question is in here somewhere and I missed it.
I own a Boxster which is a street car and run factory original wheels and tire sizes. I have 2 C5 Vettes, a Z06 for track and conv for street. I have 2 Miata's. Spec set up for track and 1 for street. I run 4 square set ups on all 4 cars. Essentially same tires and wheels except in winter when I go to an all weather tire for the street cars. The 4 square set up simplifies things for me. Rotating tires, moving tires and wheels between cars etc.

I do between 30-40 DE (no autox) track days per season. I run in instructor and advanced groups. My days of of running for times are long gone. I'm out there purely for fun. I'm in the process of negotiating a buy on a '09 Cayman S. The plan for this car is to keep it completely stock, any modifications will be minor and only for better/safer performance such as maybe brakes if necessary. Otherwise, no racing seats, no roll bars, no harnesses no nothing. Keep it as street as possible and will be driving to and from tracks.

My question that I did not see answered here are what would be the best size tire to run on all corners. I did see 255's mentioned for rears but not on all corners. If it makes sense I'd prefer a 17" wheel but would go to 18", would definitely not go to a 19" wheel. On my Vette I use spacers on front but only for wheels to clear bigger calipers. I had a v8 Miata and ran 4 square with spacers on all corners to clear bigger calipers.
Summing up:
What size wheels would work best?
What size tires on all 4 corners would work best and does it make sense to go wider then 255's?
I think that's about it.
Thanks
mwestboxster is offline   Reply With Quote