View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 04:48 PM   #11
KevinH1990

I was hoping that you were reporting success, and I'm sorry to see they haven't figured it out yet. The remaining possibilities are:

1. They put the spin locks on the wrong sides. (Mine came labeled left and right, and the instructions made it clear that they weren't interchangeable.)
2. They have defective parts. However, these are not complex parts so it's hard to imagine they could be defective.
3. They damaged something in the installation process.
4. They aren't taking the suggestions provided by RennTech seriously.

If it makes you feel any better, I encountered my "issues" 300 miles from home after driving for 5 hours through intermittent thunder storms. It was 10:00 at night and the available light was poor. The seller, who was assisting me with the installation of the hardtop, was about 20 years my senior and ready to retire for the evening. Each time we attempted to install the top, the spin lock on his side came closer and closer to scratching the paint.

I was contemplating the prospect of driving home with only one side latched when we finally got it to engage. We turned both spin locks simultaneously while pushing down gently on the rear.

Good luck.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote