View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 09:26 AM   #13
P_Carfahrer
Pathological Tinkerer

Stock Oil Sump Temp Sensor Driven Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWS View Post
Am I a geek because I find this far too cool? I love seeing detailed work like this, and makes me wish that I had such skills (ok, I know I could, but it's probably best for the world that I didn't, lol).

BTW, sorry about your finger (and associated drill bit). Been there, done that....more than once (and you would think once would be enough...sigh).

Welcome to the club. Ordering an Arduino kit with lots of sensors and projects would entertain you for a long time to get started. I got one for my 12 year old and am taking him through it because I see the huge market shortage of these skills. As a former director of engineering in a large manufacturing facility I nerd out about stuff on the car all the time building upgrades. It is an affliction. My sons tell me it seems I bought the car to work on it because since I bought it as a flood salvage two years ago it has been disassembled more than I have driven it.

The drill bit didn’t stand a chance against my finger. It was only 0.025” diameter. The multiple drillings of the finger were probably less than two minutes apart so as you see I learn slowly.

Last edited by P_Carfahrer; 12-03-2018 at 09:29 AM.
P_Carfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote