Thread: Sanity Check
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 02:00 PM   #20
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorman
I had wanted a Porsche since high school. In college I drove a 1960 VW Bug that I had tricked out with headers, oversized wheels and tires, etc. Until now it was the closest thing to a Porsche that I had ever owned. It was a lot of fun to drive, too. I long ago sold the Bug and put aside those desires for other joys and priorities.
After two marriages, raising two sets of two kids and driving family sedans for more than 30 years, I bought my first Porsche, a 2002 Boxster S, last year. It only had 6K miles, so it was practically brand new.
It has been an absolute joy to drive since the day I got it. And yes, I still go to the garage and look at it admiringly. I go to Home Depot to buy light bulbs or screws one at a time just so I can drive it. My wife had never seen me wash a car until I got my Boxster. I keep it under an all weather OEM cover in the garage. It gets washed gently every week or two and waxed at least once a month.
I am not one to have a lot of toys, but I have never received so much pleasure from anything like this.
I love my wife dearly for her support of this purchase and maybe one of these days I may even teach her how to drive it.
LOL one of these days....

Cinamon Brown? please post pics I was looking at an '01 996 TT in that color for a steal last year but it got away from me (too busy posting on 986forum.com )
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote