Thread: Sanity Check
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 08:22 AM   #13
Perfectlap

jeez...your a wet blanket.

I'm assuming your being facetious but I've never understood this Boxster 'entry level' Porsche talk. Its the roadster of the Porsche brand. Parts and hourly labor are just as expensive as its rear engined brother. The funny thing is that even Porsche promotes this 'entry level' nonsense with its own Factory Race Car drivers. I read an interview a few years back with Patrick Long who had just become an apprentice Factory driver and he said that that he and the other newbies got Boxsters while the full time factory drivers got 911's. He said something like "just to remind us we hadn't moved **UP** in the food chain"
My immediate response was so they promote you by giving you lesser handling sports car??

At more than $50,000.00 There is nothing entry level about any car with that price tag. Even repeating that is buying into the mental brain washing Porsche wants you to believe to justify spending $80-$100K on a rear engine car simply not worth its price in terms of performance. $50K is a heck of allot of dough for a car even a sports car, a luxury indeed.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 09-20-2006 at 08:25 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote