View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 03:17 PM   #4
Frodo

That’s true…for those whose source of horsepower goes ‘Ka-boom’! The rest of us enjoy the heck out of driving these wonderful machines and don’t give that negative potential a lot of thought (other than preventatively, where that’s an available option).

Got my ’01 in 2006, with 19K miles. During the first 2-3 years had a few issues (alternator, one front wheel bearing, water pump, an 02 sensor), plus basic maintenance. Drove her A LOT. And pretty darn hard---even came close to getting myself in trouble on occasion. Since squaring away those initial blips she’s run like a top.

I know, with 101K miles now, there will be additional problems to address somewhere down the road. I’m okay with that. I’ve had one helluva lot of fun with this car, and if she blew tomorrow I would look at this as having been a great investment.

Like I said, it’s a crapshoot. Bottom line: if the fear of catastrophic failure is gonna keep you up at night, you probably shouldn’t buy one of these cars. Otherwise, I say go for it.

Last edited by Frodo; 11-14-2018 at 03:22 PM.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote