View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 04:22 PM   #10
RacebyDesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

A turbo kit on the Boxster is fraught with problems, mainly heat. Mid-engine cars don't dissipate heat like a front mount engine does.

Also, why don't you quit trying to hock your kit for free and pay sponsor fees? We have sponsors who pay to display to us and keep this site running. You're freeloading - pay or go away...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
Good question Jim.

Probably because I dont have a kit yet. Until its available for purchase its vaporware.

Once I have properly gauged the market I will glady pay fees to start downpayments, preorders, or purchases, etc.

It is simply an inquirery. If you would rather I leave and not "impose" on the boxster community with a solution to a problem I could do that as well.

When/if this goes into production (I should know at the end of this week) I will glady pay royalties where due.

I understand your frustration from a viewer stance, but please put yourself in our shoes. If a moderator sees this as a shameless plug for revenue I believe they should shut it down and ban me. Until that point, I just want to see if there is ANY desire for such a kit so as to put forth $30+ thousand in R&D work and preproduction.

Sincerely,

Blake Erven
Race By Design

PS: I drive a MR2 Spyder and with a corolla 1.8 people have made upwards of 240 whp from "kits" with stock bottom ends. If you call running high 12's with cast pathetic pistons a problem I am confused.

PPS: The expense of fabricating a liquid-to-air intercooler is our testement to understanding the situation. As of now this is the ONLY unit in existance that may have an intercooler (let alone a water-to-air).
RacebyDesign is offline   Reply With Quote