View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 12:00 PM   #21
AZ986S

Hey RK,

A couple comments:

- I'm using a remote oil filter with the Canton Racing racing filter. It is supposed to flow 15 gpm and is full flow.
- If you look at the data I posted a while back comparing the Canton and the 1042 filters, there was not much difference between the 2 for pressure drop. So that was interesting.
- The Accusump (and pressure switch) is located post oil filter so it sees approx. a 10 psi drop compared to the pump pressure pre-filter (sometimes more under load).

- So if you look at the PCA 3rd session, the Min pump pressure was 52 psi. That would mean about 42 psi at the pressure switch, which is not low enough (35 psi) to open the Accusump. That's why it did not open during the entire session. Why? Not sure, but maybe the fresh oil made a difference, and also the increased air pre-load could be a part of it as well, contributing to an increase in oil sump level. If you look at the NASA session 3rd data, the Accusump opened 16 times during those 3 laps...
- No I did not see any evidence of oil depletion that would be shown by a substantial air pressure drop in the Accusump. It did not go below 51 psi, indicating about 2/3 of a quart remaining at worse.
- I think that if you're going to put an Accusump, you need a check valve AND/OR an oil filter that has an anti-drainback valve. With the racing filter, it does not have one, but my system does have a check valve to reduce back flow to the pump.
2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles

Last edited by AZ986S; 10-28-2018 at 12:08 PM.
AZ986S is offline   Reply With Quote