View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 04:39 PM   #1
legume

Question 2-parter: a) Resetting the computer?; b)Can someone near Studio City check out a car?

Hi again, I'd like to tap into the wealth of Boxster wisdom on the forum and ask for some help from anyone living near Studio City as I do not live nearby.

a) From my ongoing Boxster quest- I've been talking with the sales guy from The Speed Gallery in Studio City about buying a 2002 Boxster, and one of the things he mentioned that they'd do for me after the purchase is that they'll "reset the computer" on the Boxster.

I thought he meant resetting the component that tracks airbag deployment and incidences of redlining, but he stated that Boxsters "learn" how a driver drives and settings(?) will change accordingly. This would benefit me if the previous driver had radically different driving habits than myself.

Can anyone explain this to me? The car isn't a tiptronic, so there are no shift-points to learn. Is this maybe like the variable redline on an M3?

b) Would any one of the many kind members here be willing to check out the above referenced Boxster? Here's the link:

http://www.thespeedgallery.com/inventory/main.php?mode=album&album=2002%20PORSCHE%20BOXTER%20Gray%20Gray&dispsize=640&startsite=1

I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Legume
legume is offline   Reply With Quote