View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 08:14 AM   #7
Porsche-Eh

Thanks for the update! This has been on my “to-do” for a long time. Since I have new keys that fit and new fobs but no cloned pills I finally broke down and ordered a KeyDYI X2 from eBay this morning. It costs $225usd with free shipping and will clone all pills currently make without tokens (I.e a fee) or so it claims. I’m really just a tool and gadget hog so I wanted to play with it. I will report back when it comes and I attempt to clone my 986 pill. I already have blank pills. They were 10 for $2 on eBay. I do know my remote door function won’t work as the pill is just for starting the car. But, given another good thread on here about a viper alarm with remorte door unlock that works with our cars I’m planning on going that route. Lots of cheap used alarms for sale and you can some times even get them for free if you stop by an installer and they’ve pulled an old one out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986bsdriver View Post
I figure I’d bump this thread with my experience

I just got back from my local locksmith and am happy to report that I got my key cloned. I actually had 2 keys made by him and both work flawlessly. I provided the transponder which he was able to clone into but he provided the key housing as I had other plans. He also mentioned that to make a 2nd key would be a lot cheaper as all he’s gotta do is hit write again so I opted for a 2nd spare. All in was $270CAD so about 200usd. I don’t get the keyless features but I don’t have to lose sleep with losing my only key anymore
Porsche-Eh is offline   Reply With Quote