View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 12:02 PM   #9
AZ986S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
Great video! This is very well done! How did you get the solenoid indication on there......what are you using to knit this all together

It looks there is pretty good indication at the VC....I will take back what I said.

I am surprised that the accusmp does not take more of a bite out of pressure drop loss.
I use RaceRender Pro to edit and render the videos.
My camera is just an old GoPro, but still works fine.
My data setup is the Race Capture Track device on local CanBus. I also attached an Analog input module onto the CanBus, allowing me 4 Analog I/Os. I use those for Oil pressure and Accusump Air side pressure as well. I'm able to get the Accusump solenoid signal by using one of the 5 VDC Analog I/O channels, but since the coil is 12 VDC, I have to run it through a relay. Then, in the RaceRender software, I added the yellow blinking object to come on when the signal is at 5VDC (meaning the Accusump is ON).

As far as the effectiveness of the Accusump at dampening the pressure drop spikes, it does seem to help. My take on that is that the spikes happen so quickly and that the Accusump solenoid taking perhaps 20-100 milliseconds to open the valve, and another delay for the oil flow/pressure to build up to compensate for that dip, by that time some of the pressure drop has already occurred. Some of that can be improved by increasing the Accusump Pressure on the Air Side. That would allow for a quicker reaction, but at the expense of a lower volume of oil. I think this could be tuned to be track specific. Short track, short turns, high pressure and less oil volume. Long sweeping turns track, low pressure with more volume.
2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles
AZ986S is offline   Reply With Quote