Thread: Newbie 2003 S
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 08:46 PM   #1
Ottomotion

Newbie 2003 S

Greetings to the forum. I am a new owner of an 03 S with tiptronic transmission. Meridian Metallic Silver with Metropol Blue top and interior appear to be a fairly uncommon combination. The car is nicely optioned and in excellent condition.....with the exception of the motor.
At just over 102K, the previous owner heard a strange noise as he pulled off the freeway so he immediately shut it down. Diagnostics reveald no metal in the oil filter and no coolant/oil mix. However, cylinder #5 has low to no compression. The IMS had been done with an LN update along with the RMS within 5k of the incident. I will be opening up the cam cover shortly to search for what may be causing the issue.
I come from 914's and was considering getting another, but the cost of them has gotten silly for what you get.
I have always like the 986's and know my way around a tool box pretty well so I am looking forward to the challenge.
I also have a Vanagon w Subaru power plant that I did myself along with a '39 ford w a 392 elephant motor.
Looking forward to learning from you all and sharing the project progress along the way.
Mike
[IMG][/IMG]
Ottomotion is offline   Reply With Quote