View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 10:08 AM   #7
CliffA

thanks for the welcome....I am pretty familiar with American drivetrains but have no experience with the Porsche drivetrain...i'm looking forward to learning about how things work on this car.....the basic principals are likely very similar but the actual layout of the mechanicals and systems on the Porsche are much different....

i'm not sure how much 'wrenching' i'll be doing on this car due to the limited access to the engine and other components.....it's getting harder to contort into small places as I get a little older............

besides that I have an extended warranty for the car that is valid for a few more years....I have used it once already to pay for a coolant reservoir tank replacement which paid for about 1/2 the cost of the warranty.....I have to be careful how much work I personally do to the car and documenting it.....it is not unusual for some companies that offer extended warranties for vehicles to try and deny some claims due to 'lack of evidence proper maintenance has been performed'......if I can show them documentation from a shop on the work that was done and the recommended service intervals were followed it is hard to deny a claim...

luckily the IMS bearing has already been replaced....

cliff
Metallic Carmon Red
18" Carrera Wheels

Last edited by CliffA; 10-05-2018 at 10:33 AM.
CliffA is offline   Reply With Quote