View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 09:44 AM   #1
Dave80GTSi

For Sale: Fabspeed 200-cell 986 Header – New and Never Used

For Sale: Fabspeed 200-cell 986 Header – New and Never Used

For sale is one half (only) of a Fabspeed 200-cell header set for a 986 Boxster. Left (driver’s) side only – it’s the “shorter flange” one. Superb build quality – I’ve never seen a header built as well as this one.

I bought this a while ago, thinking that I would eventually track down the matching right (passenger’s) side header. The story that I got from the seller back then was that this unit was made for use as a visual display item for a Fabspeed trade show booth. But since that time my exhaust system work has taken me down a different path, and therefore this unit is now surplus to me.

See their web page for a full description: https://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-986-boxster-sport-headers-2000-2004/ And be certain to notice their selling price for the pair!

I see no evidence that this header / cat system has ever been used, nor even mounted up to an engine (I certainly never did so). Even so, looking into the end of the cat, it looks like there was perhaps something loose which rattled around in their shipping crate during transit to their show, and which indented a small bit at one location at the exit end of the cat cells – see picture. Certainly not a big deal at all, but I openly note it here in the spirit of full disclosure. If I were ever to use this system, I would therefore simply poke around these few cell ends with an icepick, or something long and pointy like that, just to ensure a clear exit path for each and every one of those small number of cells.

Looking at the above website, their price is $2,295.00 USD for the pair, making this single unit worth around $1,150.00 or so.

My price is $395.00 USD for this one alone, plus shipping ( ... which is less than I paid for it, by the way).

Thanks - DM

Last edited by Dave80GTSi; 10-16-2018 at 03:23 PM.
Dave80GTSi is offline   Reply With Quote