View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 03:15 AM   #4
edevlin

Dyno Stuff

I was hoping to be able to do the dyno pulls, but they would not let me. They actually put up a barrier to keep folks from getting too close during the runs. They have one technician that does all the dyno pulls. Must be an insurance thing.

I know what you mean about the cost of the mods Jim. They cost over 2K. Because I dont have a pre-mod baseline, I dont know if the car was making its advertised HP, and hence just how much of an improvement the mods made with performance.

That was one of the reasons I was asking to see if anyone had done a dyno on a stock 2000 2.7L Boxster, mine has 50k miles on it. Do six year old cars still make their advertised HP, or are they typically down a dozen hp or so.

Also, I have seen the 2000 2.7L advertised as having 217 hp in some sources (thats what my owners manual says) and 220 hp in lots of others. Its not big deal, but anyone know what the actual rating is?

With the intake and chip, the car sounds much better to me, and between the flatter torque profile and the 15 or more whp, the car sure seems more responsive. I just wish it was not that expensive to squeeze a little more performance out of the car.

Now, I wonder what headers and high-flow cats might do..... Help me, I am sliding down the slippery slope of car mods, hee, hee, hee.....

Ed
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote