View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 01:30 PM   #17
Gilles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastta View Post
On my old TT - I eventually had all spherical joints in the front and rear suspension and poly motor mounts, camber plates, KWV3's etc. running -3 degrees on the street. It does get old.

However - you mentioned the R+T Ohlins. I have them on my Cayman and they are outstanding on the street - IMHO better riding than stock and batter handling.

Hello Rastta,

Very curious about your experiences between the KW-V3's and the Ohlins, since you had both of them..

I had the KW-V3's on my 987 CS for a few years and was very happy with them, and they wear down pretty good (+/- 50k..) before you have to rebuilt them, and if I remember correctly the minimum lowering height was about 1.2 or 1.5" .. I am not looking for lowering more that 1.5"

I no longer have the 987 and the coilovers are not compatible with the 981 chassis therefore I sold the freshly rebuilt KW's and just looking for other alternatives.

The cost of the JRZ's are not much more than the KW's but according to JRZ you should rebuild them around the 20k miles mark which is almost 1/2 of the miles required for the KW's (the cost for rebuild is $750 for the KW's and $900 for the JRZ's) however, I believe that the JRZ's are superior than the KW's for track use.

My intended use will be mostly street driven car with the occasional track day, that is after addressing the 981 cooling with the center radiator to help cooling on the PDK..

You would be the first person that will share (with me) some comparison on both KW's & Ohlins, thank you in advance.
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote